April 15, 2014
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf K-Cups have been spotted in the wild by AB at Walmart recently in Bangor, Maine. We've been waiting for the CBTL K-Cups to become widely available and it looks like it's happening. Right now there's 4 blends to choose from, and all of them will work in all K-Cup Brewers. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf K-Cups are also Keurig brewed and will work in Keurig 2.0 brewers this fall as well.
- Costa Rica Blend: Medium Roast. Our Costa Rica coffee comes from the finest high-altitude farms, where the unique climate and rich soils produce coffees that exhibit a bright, clean taste. With its balanced, crisp flavor and fragrant aroma, this medium-bodied coffee is a customer favorite in our cafés.
- Toasted Amaretto: Medium Roast. Make your day even better with this Toasted Amaretto flavored coffee. Rich and fragrant with almond and a creamy liqueur flavor, it is sure to make for a special cup of coffee, day or night.
- Viennesse Blend: Dark Roast. Vienna-style roasting creates a deep brown, medium dark roast. Mellow, smooth and delicately nuanced with hints of chocolate, our Viennese Blend draws on a unique Vienna-style of roasting that dates back to 1683 when the country’s first coffee house opened.
- Café 63 Roast: Light Roast. Our Café ’63 Roast presents the smooth, light-bodied taste and fruity aroma which we’ve been known for since we opened our first café in 1963. Hand-selected for the quality of their brightness and flavor, the beans are roasted to perfection to bring you a deliciously cheerful and refreshing cup. For a box of 18 it will run you $9.98."
More at Coffee Bean Tea & Leaf
Read More in: CBTL | Keurig & K-Cups
April 14, 2014
Mother Parkers Coffee has created the EcoCup - a recyclable single-use coffee and tea pod for Keurig K-Cup brewers. Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee says the EcoCup is available with various loose-leaf teas, including the Higgins & Burke brand, while pods containing coffee will be out in early 2015.
How does the EcoCup work? After brewing a beverage, the user can detach the filter from the pod, discard the tea leaves or coffee grounds in a compost, and throw the pod into the blue bin. It works much the same way as the Keurig VUE recyclable VUE packs.
Mother Parkers has been on the pursuit of making a zero waste single serve coffee product for quite some time, and though the EcoCup is not zero waste they hope it will be in coming years. The environmental impact of the single-serve coffee habit is known to even Keurig Green Mountain. It’s surprising how many companies have beaten them to getting a greener K-Cup to market. We can only hope all K-Cups will be recyclable in the future.
Via CTV News
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
April 11, 2014
The Nespresso Vertuo is here, so check out this amazing shot below of the box of Vertuo capsules. If there's one thing that Nespresso does right besides amazing espresso and single serve coffee is design.
Features of the Vertuoline from Nespresso include:
- The Nespresso VertuoLine brews both genuine drip-style coffee and espresso.
- Innovative dual-capsule design brews great-tasting crema-enhanced drip coffee or rich espresso-a first for a one-touch capsule machine.
- Centrifusion technology scans each capsule and automatically adjusts brewing for a revolutionary one-button experience.
- Capsules insert easily and automatically eject into a container that holds 13-20 used capsules.
- Incredibly fast, 15- to 20-second heat-up ensures that delicious coffee is just one button push away.
- Automatic shutoff after nine minutes of inactivity. Enjoy two pre-set cup sizes-coffee (7.77 oz.) and espresso (1.35 oz)-or customize brewing between 0.3 oz and 17 oz.
- High-capacity water tank allows you to brew more without refilling.
At Nespresso Vertuo
Read More in: Nespresso | Single Serve Coffee Machines
April 10, 2014
If you've been searching for a quality latte, espresso and cappuccino maker, you couldn't get any better than the De'Longhi's Lattissima Pro. This amazing machine comes with tons of features packed into a sturdy design that has very little plastic to it. With a stainless steel frame and the ability to make custom or automatic drinks with the press of a button, you'll be under the impression that you're drinking a barista made drink every time. Continue reading: "Nespresso Lattissima Pro from De'Longhi - One-touch Cappuccino and Latte Review"
Read More in: Nespresso | Reviews | Single Serve Coffee Machines
April 9, 2014
Central and South American beans can be coffee to die for, and these beans are perfectly blended to yield a delicious, satisfying coffee with a morning set of notes. Compatible with Keurig K-Cup brewers and other single serve brewers, these single cups are not compatible with Keruig Vue or Rivo. OneCups are 97% biodegradable so you can compost or recycle these K-Cups instead of adding to the local land fill. These OneCups are also Fair Trade.
San Francisco Bay Coffee Breakfast Blend Single Cups come packed 80 to a box or you can even buy 120 or 160 single cups at a time.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
April 8, 2014
Tassimo owners should be pretty excited for GEVALIA BOLD Majestic Roast. It’s simply one of the best reviewed Gevalia coffees out there, and it’s smooth, intense & earthy flavors will get your day started or going again. Incredibly dark and impeccably smooth, all you need to enjoy these bold Arabica beans are your finely tuned taste buds.
The Gevalia Bold Majestic Roast T-Discs will work in all Tassimo brewers, and will always be perfect because of the Intellibrew info built into each Tassimo T-Disc.
Read More in: Tassimo & T-Discs
April 7, 2014
Named after a lunar eclipse, Nabob intended for this coffee to be as dark and mysterious as its lunar namesake and while we won’t throw in as much of a kitsch factor as they decided to, we’ll admit that this particular flavor piqued our curiosity after we read that the regular ground coffee version won the 2012 International Taste & Quality Institute’s Superior Taste Award (then again, their Gastown Grind flavor also won the same award last year in 2013 and we rather enjoyed its T-Disc version). Today we continue our Nabob Bold series reviews by checking out their Nabob Bold Midnight Eclipse T-Discs. Lets see if this flavor performs as well as the hype that surrounds it. Continue reading: "Nabob Bold Midnight Eclipse T-Discs for Tassimo Review"
Read More in: Reviews | T Disc Reviews | Tassimo & T-Discs
April 4, 2014
Over at Quartz there’s a pretty interesting article on coffee drinking visualized above. The US doesn’t even crack the top 15 in cups per day for coffee drinking and that means we need to get cracking. If you look at the chart below - we’re not even cracking a cup per day average. What??? We would have though we were in the 2.5 cup range, but given our kids are not drinking it in a bottle (come on Netherlands - what’s going on???), we’re just not getting enough coffee in our bodies every day to break a cup a day average.
We can only hope that we break the top ten soon, and we think given the amount of single serve options perhaps we will. We’re pretty sure SH will be gloating about Canada’s over 1 cup per day average. Maybe it’s time we move to Canada...
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
April 3, 2014
More evidence of the effect of caffeine delivered via espresso shots has been found in a recent study led by Michael Yassa from the University of California, Irvine. Yassa sought to establish the effects of small quantities of caffeine on memory function in adults, and gave participants caffeine pills equivalent to two shots of espresso. The results from making participants view different pictures and recall similar images was better in those who had the caffeine.
Yassa concluded that caffeine enhances long-term memory by improving the process of memory consolidation, but caffeine doesn't help memory retrieval. Yassa did a second experiment, where caffeine was consumed just one hours before the test, and it provided no positive effect. Yassa also tried using less caffeine and the results were less pronounced—so two espressos is the real sweet spot.
We’re off to get our second shot of espresso right now, and we’re pretty sure we’ll be able to recall the different blends of similar K-Cups over the next few hours.
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
April 2, 2014
UP Coffee by Jawbone helps you understand and track how caffeine affects your ability to sleep. You can pair with UP by Jawbone to find out if that afternoon cup of coffee is going to push your time to bed by an hour, and if you don't have an UP band you can input your caffeine into the app on your iPhone and get the same info.
UP Coffee can also track soft drinks and other forms of caffeine intake besides just coffee allowing to know how buzzed you are. UP Coffee knows when you're WIRED and how long it will take you to become SLEEP READY.
Here's a few more things UP Coffee does:
- CAFFEINE PERSONA - Unlock a series of experiments that reveal how your body reacts to caffeine. Log for 3 days to see how you compare with other drinkers, for 7 days to reveal your Caffeine Persona. Knowledge is power, so get buzzed.
- HOW YOU SLEEP - UP Coffee analyzes your caffeine consumption and your sleep patterns as tracked by UP. Discover relationships between how much and when you drink, your bedtime, sleep duration and nighttime awakenings.
- GUIDED CHANGE - A little experimentation goes a long way. UP Coffee guides you through personalized, data-driven behavior change. Multi-day experiments reveal small changes that can make big differences in how you live--day and night.
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives