January 23, 2015
The OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker allows you to make amazing low acid smooth tasting coffee with a little ice and time. Cold brewing has been and currently is one of the more popular alternative brewing method available for brewing your favorite cup of single serve coffee. Cold brewing is a great way to make a carafe of cold brewed coffee and drink it iced later in the day, or simple warm it up for some hot coffee action.
Key features include:
- BPA free coffee maker brews smooth, delicious low-acid coffee concentrate to prepare hot or cold coffee
- Rainmaker evenly distributes water for optimal flavor extraction
- Easy-To-Access switch activates filtration process while keeping hands clean
- Coffee maker automatically stops filtering when carafe is removed to prevent unwanted mess
- Stopper has measurement markings and the silicone seal keeps coffee in carafe fresh in the fridge
You can get one of these at OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker, and for a full review check out this article at Wired.
Read More in: Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
January 22, 2015
McCafe coffee is a favorite among many of our Single Serve Coffee readers, and you may want to know you can get it for your Tassimo Hot Beverage system too. Recently McDonald’s has made a push to make it available in ground and single cup formats with the big announcement being K-Cups able to be used in Keurig 2.0. With the addition of Tassimo as a hot beverage system it makes McCafe coffee available on the two most popular single serve coffee systems.
Note: McDonald’s McCafe Premium Medium Roast Coffee for Tassimo is only available in Canada, but you can order online at have it sent to the US from Amazon.
Read More in: Tassimo & T-Discs
January 21, 2015
It’s Wednesday and we are always looking for something a little funny to get us over the hump. This coffee trip from Conan definitely get’s us in a better mood this morning, and should help you crack a well deserved single serve coffee smile.
In this video clip Conan’s assistant Jordan takes his caffeine very seriously, so Conan tests his espresso knowledge at LA's Intelligentsia Coffee. We love how awkward and downright ruthless Conan can be with Jordan, and when he pulls out some CoffeeMate at Intelligentsia the look on the barista’s faces is pretty amazing.
At Conan Takes Jordan Schlansky Coffee Tasting
Read More in: General News
January 20, 2015
While we realize we’re about a month overdue with this review now that the holiday season has come and gone, we still had quite a few seasonal holiday items we didn’t get a chance to check out until now. We figured it was better late than never to start digging through some of these items and we’re reviewing one of the most recent single serve products which was introduced last year… Barrie House Spicy Mistletoe Single Cups.
As we may have noted in earlier reviews, Barrie House recently changed the design of their Single Cups so that they appear to be made out of a solid plastic shell vs. the old design which had a plastic shell but a foil bottom. We were a bit concerned that the plastic would be too thick for the Keurig’s piercing needle but this wasn’t the case. Other items such as their intensity scale and peel-away lid appear to have remained intact from the old designs. Let’s give these a try and see if they’re a worthwhile addition to our holiday coffee line-up. Continue reading: "Barrie House Spicy Mistletoe Single Cups Review"
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
January 16, 2015
The Evolve 3.0 Coffee Brewer allows you to brew three different ways. Why three brewing methods in one coffee maker? Because you don’t always want to brew your coffee the same way in every coffee drinking session. The Evolve 3.0 is a Kickstarter project we’ll likely support, and we are excited to see such a modular design that not only makes one cup of coffee but can make a small pot as well.
Here are the three methods the Evolve 3.0 brewer supports:
- STOVETOP - The stovetop process utilises pressurised hot water to extract solids from the coffee, enabling the water to take on an optimal concentration and balance during extraction.
- POUR-OVER - During filter extraction water filters through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and solids as it passes through the filter into the jug.
- PLUNGER - The plunger is a classic coffee brewing process. Ground coffee is steeped in hot water for a short period of time and is then strained using the hand pressured filter.
Additional features of the 3.0 include:
- Glass lids for clear and easy visualisation of the extraction process.
- Twin walled stainless steel vacuum jug for added insulation.
- Ergonomically designed cool touch handle.
- Smooth pour spout.
- Durable food grade silicone seals.
- Stainless steel boiler compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Machines | Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
January 15, 2015
It was bound to happen, but we didn’t expect it to happen this way. Keurig and GE have teamed up to bring a Café French door refrigerator featuring a Keurig Hot Beverage System integrated into it. So if you’ve been looking for coffee, tea, and hot water to be dispensed right at the refrigerator this is going to be the refrigerator for you. Priced at $3300 it’s not going to be cheap, and we wonder what type of customer service you’ll get if the brewer ever fails or needs repair.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that's a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Eight O'Clock, Community Coffee, and Peet's Coffee and Tea.
- Made in Louisville, Ky., the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel.
- Iit will be available in the third quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold.
More at GE Appliances
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Single Serve Coffee Machines
January 14, 2015
If drinking a cold Coke from your Keurig Cold System in the future wasn't enough, Keurig has inked a deal to bring Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) flavor options for the new machine.
Dr Pepper also brings the brands and flavors of 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, Peñafiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist sodas and beverages to Keurig Cold. That makes an impressive lineup for the launch of Keurig Cold later this year.
Keurig Cold is an innovative new beverage system that will offer consumers a convenient way to enjoy cold beverages made at home, including carbonated drinks, enhanced waters, juice drinks, sports drinks, and teas at home with the one-touch simplicity, quality, and variety that North American consumers love about the Keurig brand hot system platform.
Read More in: General News
January 13, 2015
Over at YouTube there’s a pretty interesting short film with lots of cool special effects and a message - Kill the K-Cup. We agree the waste K-Cups cause is high, but we’re hoping for increases in recycling them in the coming years. One thing comes to mind after watching the short film - perhaps we could recycle the K-Cups to use for high end coffee paint ball?
Here’s the premise:
"In 2014 the use of the K-Cup reached unparalleled levels. Output became so high that there was enough discarded K-Cups to circle the earth 10.5 times. The numbers continued to grow until the day of the invasion ..."
Video after the jump... Continue reading: "Kill The K-Cup Short Film"
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
January 12, 2015
With the cold weather upon us, we decided to try out a cold weather-inspired drink which is usually served throughout fall & winter but especially around this time of year… hot apple cider. Apple cider is the unfiltered version of apple juice made from pressed apples. It can be prepared as-is and served chilled as a form of naturally unfiltered juice, it can be mulled with various seasonings and spices (cinnamon is usually the norm in this instance) and served hot or it can be fermented and and turned into an alcoholic hard cider.
Apple cider is even the official state beverage of New Hampshire (a fact we were totally clueless about until doing research for this review which seems odd since we visit NH each summer). The fact that Keurig Green Mountain have since made 2 different versions of their apple cider K-Cups meant that competitors couldn’t be too far behind and today we’re checking out the latest addition to the single serve cider realm with Barrie House’s Hot Apple Cider Single Cups. Continue reading: "Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cups Review"
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
January 9, 2015
Given the cold across the US and in the Northeast, we’ve not only been drinking coffee by day but lots of warm yummy tea by night. We recently got a set of Stash Tea K-Cups thanks to the folks at Two Rivers Coffee sent to us and have been enjoying a bunch of the various blends and flavors. Stash Tea comes in compatible K-Cup format pack, and makes a really perfect cup of tea.
Our favorite Stash Tea so far? We’re loving the Chai Spice Black Single Serve Cup, and we really love the Peppermint Herbal Single Serve Cups as well. Whatever you decide on from their long list below, we think you’ll find something to brew in your K-Cup Brewer but NOT Keurig 2.0.
- Double Bergamot Earl Grey Black Single Serve Cup
- Moroccan Mint Green Single Serve Cup
- Jasmine Blossom Green Single Serve Cup
- Lemon Ginger Herbal Single Serve Cup
- Chai Spice Black Single Serve Cup
- Chai Green Single Serve Cup
- English Breakfast Black Single Serve Cup
- Super Irish Breakfast Black Single Serve Cup
- Peppermint Herbal Single Serve Cup
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Single Serve Cup
- Earl Grey Black Single Serve Cup
- Chamomile Herbal Single Serve Cup
- Premium Green Single Serve Cup
- Mango Passionfruit Herbal Single Serve Cup
Read More in: General News
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives