February 8, 2016
Over at NPR and other sites we’re finding stories of Keurig’s sales continuing to fall. Sales are in the decline at Keurig with bookings down some $60 million from last year. Besides K-Cups not being kind to the environment, there’s also been a general dislike of Keurig 2.0 and Keurig KOLD sales are supposedly not great either.
What do you think are Keurig’s troubles? Remember when K-Cups were supposed to take over the world? We did and still think they might if Keurig can make some changes.
Read More in: General News
February 4, 2016
It’s been a great 21 years with the current coffee taster flavor wheel, but that great time has come to an end. Considered both an art piece and sensory analysis tool, the coffee taster flavor wheel has been updated and it’s even bigger and hopefully better than before.
“This is the largest and most collaborative piece of research on coffee flavor ever completed, inspiring a new set of vocabulary for industry professionals,” SCAA Chronicle Executive Editor Lily Kubota wrote in a piece published today. “This groundbreaking new tool will shift the way our industry thinks about and utilizes coffee flavor.”
You can read an in depth article on creating the new flavor wheel here.
Via Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine
Read More in: Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
February 3, 2016
You can now get single serve soup packs for your Flavia brewer. Seeds of Change Tomato Soup will add a little wholesomeness to your day. Made with rich, organic tomatoes, enjoy it as a quick snack in-between meals or as a savory treat any time of the day. Low on calories and big on taste, it's a fill-up you can feel good about.
Also unlike K-Cups where the soup and brew head can get souped up at least with the Flavia every drink/soup comes from separate pouches and nothing ever touches any part of the machine.
Thanks to AC for sending this in.
Read More in: Flavia
February 2, 2016
We frequent Starbucks on a semi-daily basis, and we do enjoy the seasonal beverages but they always feel so limited. It’s pretty exciting to find out there are secret Starbuck menu items and loads of them. We recently were told of a fabled beverage named “The Undertow”, and it sounds pretty yummy.
The Undertow has been around for a long time, unofficially, as an off-the-menu Starbucks drink. When done correctly, it’s about a 4 to 6 ounce beverage, with cold milk on the bottom with espresso shots floating on top. In the Starbuckian world, I’ve heard a lot of people order it with vanilla syrup or even white mocha sauce on the bottom (or pre-stirred in with the milk).
Have you tried “The Undertow”? Do you know of any other secret menu items at Starbucks? We also found a site that lists over 200+ secret menu items. We have so much Starbucking to do now.
Read More in: Starbucks Single Serve Coffee
February 1, 2016
Ember Tech has developed a mug that keeps your coffee or tea a the perfect temperature for hours. Why? Sometimes just a few degrees can make the biggest difference in how something tastes.
- Ember keeps your coffee or tea at the perfect temperature for up to 2 hours on the go, or all day when used with the charging coaster.
- Ember is simple and elegant. No buttons or complicated instructions. Just rotate the dial at the bottom of the mug to adjust your temperature.
- The app allows you to 'name' your mug, create temperature presets, choose notification preferences, and switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Ember is available for pre-order now.
Read More in: Coffee Cups & Travel Mugs
January 28, 2016
Though Donald Trump is currently running for President, owns a ton of property, and has an alien living on the top of his head, he still has time to create his own line of K-Cups. Trump select single cups are a range of coffee blends that actually look pretty good. Trump select single cups will work in K-Cup Brewers.
- Tower - Gentle aromas and crisp notes elevate this light roast high above the competition.
- Tower Decaf - Gentle aromas and crisp notes elevate this light roast high above the competition.
- Clubhouse - The silky flavors of our 100 % Arabica beans effortlessly oscillate between classic smoothness and a robust taste, delivering a well- balanced medium roast. This modern twist on a classic favorite is a breath of fresh air.
- Skyscraper - The height of coffee roasting perfection is delivered in every sip of this bold and sophisticated roast. The rich and powerful flavors of dark roasted Arabica beans are sure to awaken your spirit and motivate you throughout the day.
- Resort Savor - the decadence of the French Riviera with this luscious blend of vanilla beans and lightly roasted Arabica coffee beans. The aroma pared with these luxurious flavors will immediately calm and relax your senses.
Read More in: Single Cups
January 22, 2016
Guatemala Casi Cielo K-Cups are back for 2016 and continue to be one of the K-Cups we look forward to each and every year. AB from Maine also agrees, and has found them at his local Starbucks and we’ve seen them throughout the Boston area as well.
Casi Cielo, Spanish for ‘almost heaven,’ comes from the lush Antigua region of Guatemala—a coffee-growing paradise. This fertile valley, surrounded by volcanoes, provides exceptional conditions for showcasing subtle floral aromas, an alluring brightness and a smooth cocoa finish.
Guatemala Casi Cielo K-Cups will work in all K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Starbucks Single Serve Coffee
January 21, 2016
West Rock Coffee has released a set of single serve cups you can use with your Keurig brewer. It’s a nice range of coffee blends and the Meza morning blend interests us most. These were found by AB in Maine at a local Hannaford’s grocery store, and are also available at West Rock Coffee’s web site and Amazon.com.
- East African Blend – Westrock Coffee is proud to include “East African” in our family of coffees. Our passion for coffee began in Rwanda in East Africa, so it seems right to offer you a blend of coffees from this special coffee-producing region. We have chosen a mix of coffees that, together, gives you a memorable and enjoyable cup of coffee.
- Meza Morning Blend – A unique combination of flavors that revitalize the senses. Once brewed, the initial subtle notes of fresh clove found in the dry fragrance slowly develop into a bold nutty aroma. This exceptional mix of invigorating taste is captured as the hints of vanilla mingle with the strong flavor of brown sugar.
- Rwanda Select Reserve – Dark Roast captures the most desirable attributes of Rwandan coffee. With a full-bodied, long-lasting cup, it boasts the rich flavor of smoky cedar with hints of black currant. From the dry fragrance of crisp apple to the wet aroma of light lemon, the coffee is sure to delight the senses of the adventurous palate.
Westrock Coffee Company single serve cups will work in Keurig K-Cup brewers.
Read More in: Single Cups
January 20, 2016
The time of the gruesome zombie head coffee mug is upon us, and if you want one you’re going to need to check out this instagram feed. The handmade ceramic mugs are the creation of mug mastermind Kevin 'Turkey' Merck. Each mug is constructed on the wheel, then carefully sculpted into the final zombie masterpiece. Unfortunately the mugs are currently sold out, and though he’s making a second batch soon, the first batch sold out in minutes. The next round should be for sale in February.
Via So Bad So Good
Read More in: Coffee Cups & Travel Mugs
January 19, 2016
MonoArabica Single Origins iperEspresso Tanzania Coffee is an ONLINE EXCLUSIVE for illy iperEspresso makers. These single origin Arabica coffees are for espresso drinkers who long for those with exotic tastes—each highlighting the unique style, culture and taste of its distinct geographic region. Perfect for every coffee personality the MONOARABICA TANZANIA has a delicate flavor; intense notes of caramel and citrus fruit.
The illy iperEspresso capsule system lets you prepare extraordinary espresso and cappuccino at home with ease. iperEspresso capsules are compatible with the Francis Francis X1, X7, X7.1, X7.1 Sunrise, X8, X9, Y1, Y1.1, Y3, Y5, Y5 Duo, Y5 Milk, Cuisinart for illy, or Gaggia for illy Espresso machines.
Read More in: Super Automatic & ESE
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives